Remember To Breathe

Breathe Have you ever had a moment when you found yourself gasping for air? No, I don't mean literally, but you can feel it.  It seems like everything around you is going so fast that you just can't seem to catch your breath. I know that you know what I'm talking about. It's that time in your life when you feel like you are spinning around in circles, getting dizzy, and are about to pass out because you aren't getting enough oxygen to your brain. Those are the times when it is imperative for us to take time away.  It might be a vacation.  It could be a day.  It could be as simple as a few minutes out of the time that you spend being super busy.  Where ever you make the time to do it, that time becomes your point of rejuvenation.

 How do I know?  Well, it's simple.  I've been there. I've been at a point before where I was trying to be everything to everybody.  I thought that being a good woman, friend, and Christian meant that I had to say "yes!" and do it all...all the time. That's when, thankfully, God's Holy Spirit stepped in and began to tell me something that I will never forget.
BREATHE...Don't forget to breath
Hearing those words caused me to feel like someone cared about all that I had been experiencing and that I was important too.  I began to realize that I didn't have to pour out everything in order to be the woman that I believed that God had created me to be.  It was OK to slow down or stop at a point when I knew that it was too much. I became more encouraged as I felt the Holy Spirit unction me to say "No, I'm sorry.  I understand, but the answer is no."

 Today my life is a bit more balanced.  I am no longer the same woman that I once was.  I know, now, how to say no.

 So, why am I writing this? I'm writing this because I believe that it is important to share my story so that I can help someone else.

 If you are reading this and life seems to be moving at the speed of lighting, take a moment and breathe. Find time throughout your day, week, month, and year to simply look up at the clouds or the sky...the trees, the stars...watch the kids play and as you do, remember to breathe. Thank God for all you have and all He is in your life. Put one foot in front of the other and continue to move forward. I hope you found comfort and encouragement in this.

 Until next time...God bless you

Written by Makeda

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.