Words of Encouragement: My Favorite Scriptures

20141008-021006.jpg
Many times in my life when I needed some encouragement, there was no one to be found, besides family, of course.

Yet, I longed for more.  I wanted to be able to sit down with a girlfriend and discuss the troubles that I was facing.  I wanted someone that could encourage me and not just let me wallow in the mud.  Instead what I found was a great friend in God.  He showed me how much He cared for me and how much He thought of me.

Why do I say that?  Well, if we look at the Scriptures, it becomes evident that God had us on His mind as the Bible was being written.  For a long time, it was a part of my Christian emergency on the go kit.  (before the Bible app)  I quickly learned that if I needed encouragement, I had to encourage myself through the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.

Over the years, it has really helped me to know what God says about the things that concern me and various other topics.  I find myself remembering how much He loves me because of how much I seen His word say that He cares in so many different ways.

So today, I want to share a few of my favorite scriptures with you.  (By no means are these all of them.  Just a few that I want to share for today.) Beside each of the scriptures is a description  of what it helps me to remember or when I needed it.

Romans 10:11 For the scripture says, Whosoever believes on him shall not be ashamed. (When I needed boldness to stand on God's word)


Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. (When I needed to understand how to go to God and what He expected of me)

Matthew 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said to them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible (When I needed to know that God could do the impossible and that I could trust Him to do just that)

Matthew 6:33 But seek you first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. (When I needed to know that God would take care of me, so I could seek His face and work in His kingdom without worrying about my needs and wants)

Isaiah 54: 4 Fear not; for you shall not be ashamed: neither be you confounded; for you shall not be put to shame: for you shall forget the shame of your youth, and shall not remember the reproach of your widowhood any more. (When I was afraid of what was to come and of what would be said about what happened)

Isaiah 54:5 For your Maker is your husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and your Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called. (When my heart was broken)

Isaiah 54: 13 And all your children shall be taught of the LORD; and great shall be the peace of your children. (Whenever I was...am concerned for my children)

Isaiah 54:17 No weapon that is formed against you shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against you in judgment you shall condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, says the LORD. (When I am concerned about what others will say)
I really love all of Isaiah 54...it really speaks to me

Psalm 91:5-12 (for overall protection)
You shall not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flies by day;
Nor for the pestilence that walks in darkness; nor for the destruction that wastes at noonday.
A thousand shall fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you.
Only with your eyes shall you behold and see the reward of the wicked.
Because you have made the LORD, who is my refuge, even the most High, your habitation;
There shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling.
For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways.
They shall bear you up in their hands, lest you dash your foot against a stone.

Psalm 34 (ALL)
verse 4: I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears. (I needed to be reminded that the Lord hears me)

verses 8-10 (the promise of God for my personal needs and wants)
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusts in him.
O fear the LORD, you his saints: for there is no lack to them that fear him.
The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.

Psalm 2:8  Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for thy possession. (When I would pray for people to get saved.  A reminder that God would hear me and His promise to act)

1 Peter 5:7  Casting all your care upon him; for he cares for you. (A constant reminder that God cares about everything the I care about...all of it)

James 5:14-16 (A reminder of the power of prayer)
Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:  And the prayer of faith shall deliver the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he has committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.  Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that you may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much.

James 4:8 Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. (When I want to draw near to God, He want to draw near to me too)

2 Timothy 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (Encouragement and reason to study...this scripture was the foundation for my Bible study life)

As I said before, these are not all of my favorites, but the one that came to my heart to share right now.  I hope you have found some encouragement in this.

What are some of your favorite scriptures?

Madeka

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.