"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." ~Matthew 7:7

Seems simple enough, right? Ask and He will give it to you. Seek and He will allow you to find. Knock and He will open the door for you.  Right now, I think this is the toughest verse to get through, for the simple fact that, in my opinion, the Lord will NOT give it to you just because you ask, seek, or knock. I've had to learn this the hard way. And as much as I've asked, begged, bargained, and pleaded, I did not receive. Why? Because it wasn't part of His plan for me. It's that simple

Jeremiah 29:11-13

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."

Or maybe it's because I wasn't asking, seeking, or knocking with my whole heart? 

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'

Loving God isn't my problem, it's the loving Him so much that I relinquish all control of every part of my life. Something about my personality finds that incredibly hard, almost impossible. I've been told, multiple times, that I tend to come into a situation, and take over. So how do I give it all up to God? For me, it's a visualization of putting all my problems and thoughts onto a silver platter, as if I'm picking the issues out of a buffet line. Then, after everything is loaded up, I simply hold that platter up to the heavens and "Let go, let God." This works for me, it may not work for you. But I just simply cannot live where my God isn't in control of every aspect of my life anymore. I'm done, I'm weary, I'm tired and only He can give me what I need.

I hope you, my friends, find rest in our Lord, today. 

1 comment:

  1. I have so much trouble with this as well! For some reason, I just can't give things over to God. I try and try (and I'll keep trying) but it is so difficult! Whenever I do finally actually let go, I feel so much better but that hardly ever happens.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.